The framework developed within AROMA-CFD will provide attractive capabilities for several industrial and medical applications (e.g. aeronautical, mechanical, naval, off-shore, wind, sport, biomedical engineering and cardiovascular surgery as well), combining high performance computing (in dedicated supercomputing centers) and advanced reduced order modelling (in common devices), to guarantee real time computing and visualization. A new open source software library for AROMA-CFD will be created: ITHACA, In real Time Highly Advanced Computational Applications, enhancing current RBniCS educational and training capabilities
Cross-fertilization of Ideas for real success stories, ESOF editorial by G.Rozza, May 2019
SIS-FVG and the initiative with MIT, May 2019
Plenary talk at SIAM CSE19 by PI Prof. Gianluigi Rozza, February 2019
FARE funding to three SISSA ERC grantees, December 21, 2017
EU-RESEARCH, June 2017
A new ERC to SISSA, SISSA press release, February 12, 2016
Two new ERC winners at SISSA (plus one), SISSA press release, February 19, 2016
National engineering council, province section, press release, February 24, 2o16
Minds Shaping the World, Alumni PoliMi, March 24, 2016
- G. Rozza, M. Hess, G. Stabile, M. Tezzele, and F. Ballarin, “Basic Ideas and Tools for Projection-Based Model Reduction of Parametric Partial Differential Equations“, 2019.
- M. Nonino, F. Ballarin, G. Rozza, and Y. Maday, “Overcoming slowly decaying Kolmogorov n-width by transport maps: application to model order reduction of fluid dynamics and fluid–structure interaction problems“, 2019.
- Z. Zainib, F. Ballarin, S. Fremes, P. Triverio, L. Jiménez-Juan, and G. Rozza, “Reduced order methods for parametric optimal flow control in coronary bypass grafts, towards patient-specific data assimilation“, 2019.
- M. Strazzullo, F. Ballarin, and G. Rozza, “POD-Galerkin Model Order Reduction for Parametrized Time Dependent Linear Quadratic Optimal Control Problems in Saddle Point Formulation“, 2019.
- Prof Gianluigi Rozza (PI)
- Assistant Prof. Francesco Ballarin
- Post-doctoral research associates: Dr Giovanni Stabile, Dr Martin Hess.
- Research associate: Mr. Marco Tezzele
- Internship Students: Fabrizio Garotta
- Past Master students (2016-17): Luca Venturi, Davide Torlo, Saddam Hijazi, Federico Pichi, Nirav Vasant Shah, Matteo Zancanaro, Maria Strazzullo, Giacomo Zuccarino, Giulia Meglioli
- Former predoc students (2017): Matteo Zancanaro, Maria Strazzullo
AROMA-CFD started on May 1, 2016 and several positions are planned.
Four positions for post-doctoral research associates have been filled in 2016-2017.
One Assistant Professor position has been assigned in 2018.
In Spring 2019 new positions will be announced.
One new open position as research associate at SISSA mathLab, in Prof. Rozza group is available: