Associate Professor with Tenure in Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing (SSD MAT/08, A1/05) at SISSA mathLab, Mathematics Area, SISSA – International School for Advanced Studies, Trieste, Italy.
SISSA Director’s Delegate for Valorisation of Knowledge, Innovation, Technology Transfer and Industrial Cooperation.
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Reduced Order Modelling and Methods
- Efficient Reduced-Basis Methods for parametrized PDEs and a posteriori error estimation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: Aero-Naval-Mechanical Engineering, Blood Flows (Haemodynamics), Environmental Fluid Dynamics
Apply by November 28, 2016 at noon.
Apply by December 6, 2016 at noon.
- QUIET2017: Quantification of Uncertainty: Improving Efficiency and Technology, 18-21 July 2017, SISSA, Trieste
- 19th International Conference on Finite Elements in Flow Problems, FEF 2017, April 5-7, 2017, Rome Italy, conference co-chair
- IHP special semester on Numerical Methods for PDEs, September-December 2016, Institut Henri Poincaré, Paris, France, organizing committee
- ICOSAHOM 2016, International conference on spectral and high order methods, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 27-July 1st, 2016, invited plenary speaker
- ECCOMAS Congress 2016, 5-10 June, Crete, Greece. Minisymposium organizer and contributed speaker.
- F. Ballarin, G. Rozza, and Y. Maday, “Reduced-order semi-implicit schemes for fluid-structure interaction problems,” (Preprint SISSA 36/2016/MATE), 2016.
- F. Salmoiraghi, F. Ballarin, G. Corsi, A. Mola, M. Tezzele, and G. Rozza, “Advances in geometrical parametrization and reduced order models and methods for computational fluid dynamics problems in applied sciences and engineering: overview and perspectives,” in Proceedings of the ECCOMAS Congress 2016, VII European Conference on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, 2016.
- F. Ballarin, E. Faggiano, A. Manzoni, A. Quarteroni, G. Rozza, S. Ippolito, C. Antona, and R. Scrofani, “A fast virtual surgery platform for many scenarios haemodynamics of patient-specific coronary artery bypass grafts,” , 2016.
- Fall 2016 – Applied Mathematics: an introduction to Scientific Computing (Phd Program in Mathematical Analysis, Modelling And Apllications, Master in High performance Computing, Master Degree in Mathematics UniTS)
- Spring 2016 – Topics in computational fluid dynamics (SISSA PhD program in Mathematical Analysis, Modelling, and Applications)
- Spring 2016 – Reduced basis methods for computational mechanics (SISSA PhD program in Mathematical Analysis, Modelling, and Applications; SISSA-ICTP MHPC master)