Research Interests and Activities
Group activities in a glance
- Numerical Analysis, Numerical Simulation, Scientific Computing
- Reduced Order Modelling and Methods: special focus on viscous flows and complex geometrical parametrizations
- Efficient Reduced-Basis Methods for parametrized PDEs and a posteriori error estimation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (Aero-Naval-Mechanical Engineering, Blood Flows (Haemodynamics), Environmental Fluid Dynamics)
- Linear and Non-linear Elasticity
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Potential Flows
- Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems
- Small Perturbation Theory in Fluid Mechanics and Linearized Shape design
- Parametrized Navier-Stokes Equations: Bifurcations and stability of flows
- Optimal Control, Flow Control based on PDEs
- Optimal Shape Design; Shape Optimization; Shape Reconstruction; Shape Registration
- Free-Form Deformations and Radial Basis Functions
- Uncertainty quantification, data assimilation, parameter estimation
- Optimization and Inverse Problems.
Some posters on our research activities:
- year 2020: , , , 
- year 2019: , , , , , , , , , , , 
- year 2018: , , , , ,  MoRePaS 2018
- year 2017: , , , , ,  QUIET 2017
- year 2016: , ,  IHP 2016
- year 2015: , ,  MoRePaS 2015
- year 2013: 
- year 2012: , , , , , , , 
- year 2010: , 
Some of our recent talks at WCCM 2020 jointly organised with ECCOMAS:
- Boffi, D., Pavarino, L.F., Rozza, G., Scacchi, S., Vergara, C, Mathematical and Numerical Modeling of the Cardiovascular System and Applications. SEMA SIMAI Springer series, Springer, 2018
- van Brummelen, E.H., Corsini, A., Perotto, S., Rozza, G. Numerical Methods for Flows: Fef 2017 Selected Contributions, Springer, 2020
- P. Benner, M. Ohlberger, A. Patera, G. Rozza, K. Urban, Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems. MS&A series, Vol.17, Springer, 2017
- J. S. Hesthaven, G. Rozza, B. Stamm. Certified Reduced Basis Methods for Parametrized Partial Differential Equations. SpringerBriefs in Mathematics. Springer, 2015
- A. Quarteroni and G. Rozza Eds, Reduced Order Methods for Modeling and Computational Reduction, MS&A series, Vol.9, Springer, 2013
- D. Ambrosi, A. Quarteroni and G. Rozza Eds, Modelling of Physiological Flows, MS&A series, Vol.5, Springer, 2011.
- Reduced Basis Book: A.T. Patera and G. Rozza, Reduced Basis Approximation and A-Posteriori Error Estimation for Parametrized PDEs, MIT-Pappalardo Graduate Monographs in Mechanical Engineering, (c) MIT, 2007 with Reduced Basis Software Library: rbMIT Software, (c) MIT 2006-15, Tecnology Licensing Office (case 12600); with COMSOL interface for rbMIT.
Past Phd Thesis
Past Master Thesis
- Francesco Romor, Reduction in Parameter Space for Problems approximatedby Discontinuous-Galerkin Method in Computational FluidDynamics (2019, University of Trieste, Italy)
- Julien Genovese, Reduced Order Methods for Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Fluid Dynamics [link] (2019, Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- Giulio Ortali, A Data-Driven Reduced Order Optimization Approach for Cruise Ship Design [link] (2019, Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- Giuseppe Infantino, (2019, Politecnico di Torino, Italy).
- Moreno Pintore, Efficient Computation of Bifurcation Diagrams with Spectral Element Method and Reduced Order Models [link] (2019, Politecnico di Torino, Italy).
- Fabrizio Garotta, 2018, University of Pavia, Italy.
- Nirav Shah, Finite Element Reduced Basis (Proper Orthogonal Decomposition) Approach for Geometrically Parametrized Stokes Flow (2018, University of Stuttgart, Germany).
- Giulia Meglioli,Comparison of model order reduction approaches in parametrized optimal control problems [link] (2017, Mathematical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, Milan Italy).
- Giacomo Zuccarino, A Reduced order Variational Multiscale Method for parametric flows (2017, University of Trieste, Italy).
- Matteo Zancanaro, Hierarchical model reduction techniques for flows in parametric setting [link] (2017, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, Milan Italy).
- Maria Strazzullo, Reduced Order Methods for Optimal Control Problems: Application in Environmental Marine Sciences and Engineering [link] (2017, University of Trieste, Italy).
- Federico Pichi, Reduced order methods for parametric Von Karman equations in nonlinear structural mechanics [link] (2016, University of Rome, Italy).
- Saddam Hijazi, POD-Galerkin Reduced Order Model for the simulation of laminar and turbulent flows around a circular cylinder [link] (2016, University of L’Aquila, Italy).
- Luca Venturi, Weighted reduced order methods for parametrized PDEs in uncertainty quantification problems [link] (2016, University of Trieste, Italy).
- Davide Torlo, Stabilized reduced basis method for transport PDEs with random inputs [link] (2016, University of Trieste, Italy).
- Luca Valsecchi, Reduced order methods for PDEs : a comparison between proper orthogonal decomposition and proper generalized decomposition [link] (2016, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, Milan Italy).
- Alessandro D’Amario, A reduced-order inverse distance weighting technique for the efficient mesh-motion of deformable interfaces and moving shapes in computational problems [link] (2016, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, Milan Italy).
- Emiliano Cangemi, A POD reduced order method for parameterized Maxwell’s equations and applications [link] (2016, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, Milan Italy).
- Davide Forti, Comparison of Shape Parametrization Techniques for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems [link] (2012, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano).
- Paolo Pacciarini, Stabilized reduced basis method for parametrized advection-diffusion PDEs [link] (2012, Mathematics at University of Pavia).
- Federico Negri, Reduced basis method for parametrized optimal control problems governed by PDEs [link], (2011, Mathematical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano).Anwar Koshakji, Free Form Deformation Techniques for 3D Shape Optimization Problems [link] (2011, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano).
- Alberto Trezzini, Reduced Basis Method for 3D problems governed by parametrized PDEs and applications [link] (2010, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano).
- Fabrizio Gelsomino, Exploration and comparison of reduced order modelling techniques [link] (2009, Mathematical Engineering, EPFL).
- Claudia Gunther, Optimization of racing car components using reduced basis (potential, thermal and Stokes flow) [link] (2008, Applied Math, Aachen University).
- Roberto Milani, Reduced Basis and Optimization in Linear Elasticity [link] (2006, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano)
- Annalisa Quaini, Optimal Control and Reduced Basis Techniques [link] (2005, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano).
- Luca Dede’, Optimal Control and Mesh Adaptivity [link] (2004, Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano).
Past Projects (before 2014)
More info about me on: